watchOpinion: The IPA has already given their list of demands to the new learner Prime Minister.
Their list reads like a right wing Christmas list it includes:
- Pulling out of the Paris Agreement
- Ending all subsidies to renewable energy
- “Rethinking” ‘wasteful’ spending programs like Snowy 2.0 and the NBN
- Cutting services to Australians
- Over hauling Australia’s IR laws (you can read into this as cutting workers rights, and removing the minimum wage)
- Removing 18(c)
- Abolishing the Human Rights Commission
- No recognition of Australia’s first people in the nation’s constitution
- Promote western ideas
What this space and see how quickly learner ScoMo will succumb to the IPA’s wish list.
The Institute of Public Affairs (IPA) is a conservative public policy think tank based in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. It advocates free market economic policies such as privatisation and deregulation of state-owned enterprises, trade liberalisation and deregulated workplaces, climate change skepticism, the abolition of the minimum wage, and the repeal of parts of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975.
The IPA also adopts a position of doubt about climate change and finances several Australian climate change science doubters.