Turnbull took a gamble last September when he challenged Tony Abbott for the leadership. It wasn’t just Turnbull for took a gamble so did some of his back-benchers. Among those who lost their seat are:
- Andrew Nikolic who has been an MP since 2013
- Wyatt Roy who has been an MP since 2010
- Natasha Griggs who has been an MP since 2010
- Jamie Briggs who has been an MP since 200
- Peter Hendy who has been an MP since 2013
The gamble taken by Turnbull and the back-benchers has not paid off. It has shown that the far-right of the Liberal are and
have been out for blood. Turnbull will have to watch his back very carefully. The reality of the situation is Turnbull has lost, Shorten has won.