The Advance Queensland plan is a comprehensive suite of reforms that will create jobs now, and jobs for the future.
A $50 million Advance Queensland Best and Brightest Fund, which will develop, attract and retain world-class talent – both scientific and entrepreneurial;
- Fellowships and Scholarships to strengthen our research base
- Global Partnership Awards, allowing outstanding Qld talent to gain experience with major universities or companies overseas
- Knowledge Transfer Partnerships, allowing Qld SME’s to have postgraduate students contribute to their businesseso
- Future Schools review, expanding STEM, coding, computer science and robotics in schoola
A $46 million Advance Queensland Future Jobs Strategy, which will open the door to new industry/research collaborations, tackle the big innovation challenges, focus on translation, and deliver 10 year roadmaps for industries with global growth potential;
- Three major partnerships designed to commercialise our biggest and best discoveries: UQ and Emory University (Atlanta, US), Siemens and Translational Research Institute, and Johnson and Johnson and QUT
- Innovations Challenge, incentivising researchers and entrepreneurs to tackle the world’s biggest challenges
- 10 year roadmaps for emerging industries
A $76 million Business Investment Attraction package, which will encourage a new wave of Queensland startups, support proof-of-concept projects, and attract co-investment through the Business Development Fund.
- Startups Queensland, to encourage a new wave of startup businesses
- Queensland Commercialisation Program, encouraging proof of concept discoveries
- Business Development Fund, co-investment in investment ready businesses
And $8 million will be set aside to give us flexibility to respond as new opportunities arise, especially as we develop roadmaps with industry partners